Monday, December 17, 2007

Let's talk shoes!



Baby is nice and snug in his/her baby sling but little feet are still sticking out! How to keep them warm is today's topic.

First things first. Tiny babies should have their legs tucked in the wrap. They are so small, you just wrap the fabric over their legs. When you start taking their legs out depends on the child's preference and their height. 1-3 months approximately.
When they grow, you can start taking their legs out of the wrap.

Here are a few ideas:
  • Socks that would normally be too big for them will ride nicely up their legs, keeping their feet and legs warm
  • Baby legs either shop bought or home made will be worn on top of their socks and shoes (I like soft sole shoes babies - Inch Blue, Robeez, Bobux...).
    You can easily make your own by cutting the foot of a sock and hemming it.
  • Hand knitted booties (featured in the photo) or shop-bought like the Padraig Slippers are super cute and warm as well.
  • We also like very much the Swedish mocassins at Raindrops. A sock and a shoe all-in-one, they are lovely!
  • Natural Mothering has a similar sock/shoe solution.
  • I also like the leather booties like the Robeez ones, or like these
Now I'm heading out to our last Sling Meet of the year in Glasgow.
I have lots of new goodies to play with: a Jetpack soft structured carrier, a BabyHawk mei tai.... This should be fun!

1 Comments:

At 5:02 pm, Blogger Jenny said...

I love your blog! I've been wanting to try out a wrap carrier but I do love my slings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home